Have you ever thought that even after proper cleaning, your house, office, hotel rooms, etc. seems to be full of dirt? Moreover, do you see frequent episodes of allergies and infectious diseases affecting you and the people around you? Do you sense a damp and unclean environment around you? Then, there is a high chance that you are a victim of unclean and unhealthy carpet at your place.
What Are the Options We Have Then to Keep the Carpet koristus
No matter how much you say that “My carpet is clean” there is still a high probability that germs and stains are residing in the carpet.
Let us have a quick look at how an unclean carpet affects you.
- An unclean carpet means inviting germs, allergies, infections, fungal growth, and breathing issues. Kids and your pets are the most affected. The allergies can also be contagious, and so it means that more people can get infected.
- Unclean carpet also means bad odour and can lead to nausea and headaches.
- Spots and stains may be easily removed superficially but can be difficult to deal with when they are residing deep inside the carpet. “Stains” does not only mean marks and spots. The residue of a liquid spill or food spill, etc. are part of stains and are again a cause of an unhealthy environment.
- Another thing to realize is that the carpet and its installation is not a pocket-friendly affair. So, where dust is a problem, liquid spills, food spills, soiled legs, bloodstains in hospitals, etc. are some other big challenges to be considered.
What are the Carpet Cleaning methods?
Over the years, many cleaning methods have evolved and the same is the case with the carpet cleaning area. We have advanced cleaning agents and tools in the market today that make the cleaning task easy and highly reliable.
There are two options available for carpet cleaning, wet and dry carpet cleaning. The IICRC has researched over the years and laid down clear standards for these methods.
Wet Carpet Cleaning – This involves steam, foam, and shampoo based cleaning methods. A mixture of chemicals, cleaning shampoo (if required), and steam is sprayed on the carpet as per the cleaning method used. The spray is allowed to settle down so that it acts on the stains and residue. Vacuum extraction is then used to clean the carpet.
Ever seen a person at the airport sitting on a vehicle that has rotators and constantly moving over the carpet? Wet carpet cleaning technique is used in that case.
Dry Carpet Cleaning – Most people think that the dry carpet cleaning method means simple vacuum cleaning. Though it is true to a certain extent, it also uses dry chemicals and just enough water to create moisture. The mixture is allowed to settle down and the carpet is then vacuum cleaned. This method is less intensive but is cheaper than the wet cleaning method.
Note: No matter what method you choose, a pre-dry cleaning of the carpet is always beneficial.
Steam-Based Carpet Cleaning method
Steam carpet cleaning the most popular method used for carpet cleaning. Most people do not go for the dry carpet cleaning method because it is less effective and the use of dry chemicals can damage their carpet.
Steam-based carpet cleaning uses a mixture of certain cleaning chemicals and hot water. Today, there are many machines available for easy and effective carpet steam cleaning. Some machines directly use hot water and some include a heating mechanism. The machine allows the mixture to spread evenly and act on any residue and stains. It also soaks up moisture and excess water.
Dry vs Steam Carpet Cleaning
There are pros and cons of both the methods.
- Dry carpet cleaning is a bit cheaper when compared with steam carpet cleaning.
- Steam carpet cleaning is most widely used today than dry carpet cleaning because the chemical solution deeply penetrates the carpet due to more water content. But, it also depends on the chemicals being used. The dry chemicals used in the dry carpet cleaning may be better suited for your carpet but may also be harmful.
- Steam carpet cleaning being a subset of wet carpet cleaning requires more time for the carpet to dry. It can take up to 24 hours or more if there is no proper air circulation. Dry carpet cleaning almost instantly allows the carpet to dry up and is ready to be used.
Go For the Professional Help to Choose the Right Cleaning Method
You must always consider professional help for your carpet cleaning. The professionals have the required expertise and experience to decide what cleaning method is best suited for your carpet. Let experts analyse the carpet fabric, usage patterns, the chemicals to be used and the level of cleaning required to keep you and people around you free from any worries.
Both dry and wet carpet cleaning methods are being used today to clean carpets at homes, hotels, airports, offices, etc. We have the necessary skills and experience in all kinds of dry and wet carpet cleaning services.
Our company OOps Carpet Cleaning Sydney aims at providing the best carpet cleaning services to our customers and a guarantee of 100% satisfaction. Our team of cleaning experts understand your carpet and carpet cleaning issues. They will help you with choosing and understanding the optimal carpet cleaning method that should be used.
We constantly strive for perfection and we have constantly provided our customers with the best in class carpet cleaning services over the years. We have the necessary tools, cleaning agents, machinery, and skills for a perfect cleaning solution.